Saturday, November 17, 2007

My Little Tooth Fairy Bag (Correction)

I just realized that my terrible photos today make it hard to see what that little shiny thing is..lol. It's actually a nickel I used to hopefully give everyone an idea of what size my bag was.


I used US Size 7 needles to knit the bag.
I used US Size 8 needles to do the bind off.

Cast on 30 stitches
*K1, slip 1 purlwise* repeat to end of row (Don't move the yarn front to back...just slip stitch and keep knitting)
Continue until piece is the desired length. (Mine was just under 4")

At this point you will separate the sides...each side will be on a separate needle.
You will work each side one at a time.

*P1, YO, P2tog* to end of row
Knit the row
Purl the row
Knit the row
Purl the row
Knit into the front and back of each stitch
Purl
Knit
Bind off and cut yarn leaving a tail

Then work other needle the same way.

Weave in your ends.
*Turn bag inside out (stockinette is on the inside)
Make an I-cord to the length you desire and thread it through the eyelets.

©2007 Melanie Thompson

4 comments:

amy-lynne......... said...

that is sooooo cute... turned out good!!!!!!!!!... would have come in handy instead of trying to play hide and seek with a tooth in the middle of the night.... lol... new meaning of grab bag... lol :Þ

magnoliasntea said...

It's too cute!

hakucho said...

Great idea...super cute...too bad my boys are beyond the tooth fairy. I know though this will make many little children and parents very happy :)

happy knitting and happy Thanksgiving :)

Christy said...

OOOhhh. Very sweet. Thanks for the pattern! My kids will love it.