Thursday, August 2, 2007

Gotta Love The UPS Guy


I finally got my books today. I have been wanting the Mason*Dixon book for so long. I've peeked inside but haven't gotten the chance to just sit down and read it and enjoy. I do think I want to give the Log Cabin blanket a try. There are several projects in the One-Skein Wonders that I liked as well. I would love to knit something other than a dishcloth with just one skein. But, before I even get started, I have so many things OTN that I need to turn into WIPS. I think it's time to sit down and get them all together and organize them all. That way I can get a game plan for getting them in some kind of order. Then to actually get them finished. I hate having so many unfinished projects. Lately things have been very crazy and more than a little stressful and I just haven't had the time to knit as much as I usually do. I also need to get some more designs done and posted...some for sale and also some free patterns. I miss posting freebies to share. Where does all the time go?


This was my other surprise for the day. My yarn order from Yarns&ThreadsbyLisa. This is the new Sugar&Cream Stripes. I can't wait to pick a pattern and knit with this yarn. I love to watch the stripes take shape. It amazes my blonde mind that yarn can create stripes on it's own. But, I will have to force myself to hold off til I get my UFOs done or at least the majority of them. It's getting out of control. I have 2 shawls, afghan squares, 1 scarf, 2 blankets and a bag that was to be felted that is now getting frogged. I hope....no I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only ADD knitter around. We need some knitters intervention around here....lol Maybe I'll go get my things together now and get the ball rolling. The more I look at this yarn, the more I feel the urge to grab some needles and cast on. Might have to get my son to hide it from me until I get my knits in order.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i *promise* you, you are NOT the only ADD knitter out there!!

*looks to the side at all the WIPs sitting next to the chair and sighs*

Anonymous said...

Now I don't feel so bad, Mel. I have so many skeins of cottontots that they fill up a yarn basket! Here's a plan: finish one WIP and make 1 new project, then finish another WIP and make another new... The best of both worlds!

Anonymous said...

By the way, I have both books. You will LOVE the log cabin pattern. Knit on!

magnoliasntea said...

Blonde mind..too funny, trust me Melanie, we're all amazed by the things yarns do, and who knows what color my hair really is. ;)
I says it's just a miracle!
Your yarn looks wonderful. I have to go buy some now....

Lil Knitter said...

Yay! Nice to see I'm not the only one who admits to their addiction. But I won't even get into the yarn stash. Mine is way outta control!
Kandie, I like that idea...finish one knit a new one...sounds much better than my plan...lol
Tea, I honestly don't know what color my hair is anymore either...other than the nasty gray that threatens to try to take over..book faerie, we are not alone!