Sunday, August 24, 2008

Dish Rag Tag

I'm late posting again...nothing new for me lately. :P I was tagged second on our team for the Dish Rag Tag. The box took way too long getting here. I received it, finally, on Friday. I knitted like a crazy person to get it done and back out on Saturday morning. We have to live up to our name....Phaster Than Phelps.

Here is the box with instructions, pattern and my goodies. The candy is gone...was gone before I finished knitting my cloth to put in the box. I love my cloth that was knitted my tagger...Susan in Tx.

Susan sent me this cute and useful button. It has instructions on how to do Kitchener stitch. Awesome! I've haven't seen any of these around here and I do like it. I'll keep it handy for sock knitting. :)

She also included these beautiful stitch markers. I love them! I love the colors! I used them while I was knitting the pattern for the Dish Rag Tag. :) You just can't have too many lovely stitch markers.

The box is off again and on it's way to the next stop. I totally forgot to take a photo of it going into the post office. :P I sure hope it travels faster this time.

I've done no knitting at all for two days. I have a stinking cold again and it's not even winter yet. Spent today feeling kinda yucky so to cheer myself up...I set up my cute little sewing machine and played around with that for a bit. I just need one little thing to finish off my first project. I'll post some photos tomorrow to show it off. It's a little rough but I'm pretty proud of it anyway.

Hope you all had a great weekend.
Hugs!

6 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

Hey Mel... hope you're feeling better.

I just saw a kitchener stitch thing in an ETSY store this weekend. It's not a button, but was like a small key chain or something. What a cool idea, now if it would only remind me what a kitchener stitch is...LOL I know know, Shelly told me, but hey I know I'll forget again

I think I am 6th on my dish rag tags list.

Anonymous said...

Love the name, Phaster than Phelps. Your box of goodies is adorable. What are you sewing??!!!! I finished my 2nd tote bag yesterday; I think I'm getting addicted to tote bags now. Take plenty of vitamin C and rest up, the fall knitting season is nearly here.

Unknown said...

*sigh* I'm so jealous of your knitting mail, I'm so wishing I would have joined that now. hmph!

No knitting here for a few days either, too much cooking and going on to sit and knit. I'm hoping for some down time this week sometime!

hakucho said...

I love that name "phaster than phelps" :)

Love the blue dishcloth...too bad you didn't show us the one you finished...but maybe that's against the rules. Keeping my fingers crossed you'll win :)

Take good care of yourself and get rid of that nasty cold. Too early in the year to be sick! Hugs :)

Wendy said...

Hope you are feeling better, but knowing those darn colds you are still feeling Yucky...
Big Hugs from Chilly Michigan (Yea no heat or humidity, til tomorrow)

Briley said...

I forgot to tell you, I joined Dishrag tag after I read about it here. I was also tagged second for my team. I'm on the Cross Country Knitters team.