Wednesday, April 23, 2008

They're Back!

Last summer Froggie and her hubby did some re-design with their landscaping and her hubby pulled up some of the shrubs in front of their house. She called me and asked if I wanted them since they weren't going to re-plant them anywhere else and I said SURE! She brought them over and we planted them out around the house. I watered those babies religiously and tons of water at a time since it was so hot and dry here. They just didn't seem to be taking root. I still kept up the routine...I refused to give up on them. While out yesterday taking some photos...look at what is going on with the babies now!

I had noticed some green down in the base of a couple of them a few weeks ago but I didn't want to get my hopes up so I just let them be. Now there's no mistaking the fact that they are back. All but one of them is beginning to look like this one. I'm so glad I didn't give up. Now I just need to get all those dead, brown and yucky looking old branches cut off and we are back in business. YAY!

Still not much knitting going on...don't know why other than I can't seem to free up some time to focus on it. I got a little done at school waiting for the kids to get out and then a little more at speech therapy this afternoon.....that's it. I'm not happy about this situation and it must be fixed and SOON!

It's getting hotter here so the boys and I got out the air conditioner and put it back in the window...have one more to do tomorrow. I cleaned it up really good and made sure the filter was all shiny and clean and thankfully...it's working just fine. Very soon we're going to have to get busy with the grass cutting....I so hate the grass cutting. Good thing I've got two boys to delegate that nasty duty to. We've got a pretty big yard so it will take them both to get it done. Someone has to supervise ya know. :P

Okay enough talking your head off tonight. I'm going to try to sneak in a little knitting now. Sshh....don't want anyone to hear or they will "need" something. lol

Oh yeah....don't forget to go check out Brian's contest. Awesome prizes...don't forget to tell him I sent ya. *yes, I'm trying to get more chances to win....I admit it* Did I mention awesome prizes? lol

Another contest....check out Must Keep Knitting for details.

Hugs!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it that they took. We replanted some Rhododendron and one died. sniff, sniff. I'm playing lazy today and just watching TV and knitting. How about you?

Hugs!!!

hakucho said...

See now...being diligent with the watering paid off :) Yay !!

Mary Ann said...

I'm so happy to see that the plants took. We just planted some azala's by the Civic League Bldg. last week. They look pretty good too.

I didn't get much knitting or crocheting in today because I was fighting with my computer! I love technology!! Finally I did get a red pair of fingerless gloves made in crochet. They worked up very fast and I'm a fast crocheter.

Hope you got your knitting in sometime today!

Christy said...

Good luck on the secret knit....uh secret "you" time. You deserve it!

Also I think you need a raise for supervising the mowing. It's hard work making sure your kids do it right. So a visit to your LYS is in order!