Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Mystery Shawl

This is my first shawl. I think it is the Feather & Fan but I'm not sure since I have never knitted a shawl before. It's a KAL with the group Shawls & Scarves, Etc. (SASE). I am working towards making the Pacific Waves Shawl. As soon as I saw the photo of the Pacific Waves...I knew I had to make it. It's absolutely beautiful. I started this shawl with an acrylic yarn (Baby Bee, Sweet Delight in teddybear ombre). This is the mystery shawl so I didn't know if I would like it and didn't want to invest too much in yarn until I found out. I have some Sonata Print from Elann on the way and will get another one OTN as soon as it gets here. I hope. I don't care much for the acrylic as it tends to curl but I really like the colors of this yarn. This photo doesn't do it justice.



This is an up-close look at the waves and a better idea of the true color of this yarn. The edges really don't seem to be curling as bad as I had anticipated. I'm hoping it turns out well since I have someone in mind to give it to for Christmas.



I'm also working on a couple of new dishcloth designs for my sale site. I feel like I've neglected it a little lately. Just too many projects going on at once. I have one almost knitted and ready to photograph and post. Then one more charted and written out to knit up after this one is done. These two are completely different from any of the other designs I have so far. I hope you will like them.

No comments: