Thursday, May 17, 2007

I'm still here!

In case anyone was wondering...I am still alive. Been so busy with my scarf KAL (had two going at once) and finishing little gifts for teachers that I can't seem to find enough time for everything. The first photo is my Seaman's Scarf from the KAL. It was done in the group SASE-Shawls & Scarves Etc. I have only done boring scarves in the past. The easy, garter stitch kind. This one was an easy one for new lace knitters and there were two options as to how to do it. Either all zig-zag lace or the ribbing in the middle. I know wish I had done one of each. I wasn't too sure about the ribbing together with the lace but it turned out great. I love it!

I made one little mistake in the first one so I carefully positioned that out the camera view..lol. This one was done with Red Heart Soft Baby in Laddie Print. I have never liked acrylic yarn but this yarn is really soft...not like the acrylic I learned to knit with.






The next scarf was done with Lion Brand Wool-Ease in Blue Heather. I just happened to run across it at my local Hancock Fabrics and bought a couple of skiens. I thought this would be a good thing to try it out on. I love the first scarf but I'm thinking I like this one better. I think I could wear it with more than the varigated one.







I'm so looking forward to the next scarf KAL. And I am going to attempt to knit the Pacific Waves Shawl in June. That one is really stressing me out. I don't know if I am really up to it but it's so beautiful and I have the yarn so I think I will give it a try. If it doesn't work out, there's always the frog pond. lol








No comments: