Monday, May 21, 2007

May Mid-Month KAL

I fianlly finished a lacy one! Last month's got the best of me but I wouldn't let this one win. I think I only frogged twice. I haven't used this particular yarn before either...probably not a good idea to try new yarn with lace...at least not for me. lol My wonderful friend, Frogiez, gave me this yarn for Mother's Day. It's Sinfonia (100% mercerized cotton) in the color Turquesa. It is so soft and has a nice sheen to it. I think it would be good for face cloths but not really sure since I've never used this type of yarn before. The picture just doesn't do it justice. And as you can see, it is in serious need of some blocking! I highly recommend these yahoo knitting groups. These are the nicest, smartest ladies you will ever run into. Everyone is so helpful and willing to share what they've learned with less experienced knitters (that last one would be me). I have no doubt that had I found these ladies a lot sooner, I would be a much better knitter today. I feel as though I've learned so much in the last month alone. Thanks To All My Fellow Groupies! YOU LADIES ROCK!!

1 comment:

THE KNIT WITTS said...

Hey hey that's some good-lookin' soaps on there. :-) Seriously, Melanie, this is Kandie from JustForKHIX browsing through YOUR blog and it is so nice. Very restful. You did a GREAT job on Sue Schaefer's lacy dishcloth. Keep up the good knitting!