Sunday, July 15, 2007

Snake Bath Puppet


This is the snake bath puppet I just finished for my nephew. He loves to take baths and uses washclothes I knit for him. I thought this would be more fun than the washcloth. It's designed by Brian and is a free pattern available on his site. There's a link in my side bar if anyone is interested. (BrileyKnits) It's under free patterns...Brian's Designs. I can't wait to give it to my nephew and see how he likes it.



My snake turned out a little "beady eyed"....please don't blame the designer. No where in his pattern does it say "beady eyed" snake. I am just not skilled at sewing on eyes. It was another first for me. I think it adds to his "cuteness". That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

This little guy was fun to knit. I really enjoyed watching him come to life. It was also good practice for me at picking up stitches. I'm pretty comfortable knitting in the round but I've only done one other pattern that required picking up stitches. I will be making more of these for Christmas presents...and it'll give me more practice as well. Brian also has a frog and a duck pattern available. Thanks for sharing these with us, Brian. There are so cute.

1 comment:

amy-lynne......... said...

i love it........ it is so cute..... i guess i better get my butt in gear and get goin on the frog one huh......i love the colors ...... done great