Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thanks, Cat!

I got my issue of Simply Knitting today! I live in a town that has no Barnes & Noble bookstore...how crazy is that? This means I can't get my hands on this awesome magazine. Lucky for me...Cat (who told me about this magazine in the first place) worked out a little system for me to be able to get it. This issue has a gorgeous free shawl pattern (Hearts & Flowers) and an easy little sock pattern that I'm itching to try. I also love the Sweet Cupid by Alan Dart. He has some awesome toy patterns and this is the first one of his designs that I've gotten my hands on. The cupid is so cute.

It also had a free set of stitch markers (5 total). She got me the pink ones...YAY!!! They had them in blue but I really wanted the pink. You can't beat free. Besides the awesome patterns and tips...this magazine is notorious for freebies....see why I want it so bad? Not sure when I'll get around to trying any of these patterns though because.....

She also sent me this. Two balls of Cascade Fixation and a sock pattern to go with it. I don't know the name of this colorway but it's so pretty. I cannot wait to try these socks. They look complicated but the designer promises them to be "deceptively simple". I sure hope he's right.
The pattern is Broadripple Socks designed by Rob Matyska.

Here's a close-up for ya. I've heard about this yarn but had never seen any....got to say that I think I'm gonna love it. It's not the tiny little thin sock yarn that terrifies me so much. Size 3 needles...I can handle that. The colors are perfect for Spring. I'm thinking these will be OTN pretty soon.

Thanks again, Cat! Your contest goodies rock! I so appreciate you doing my magazine shopping for me. :P

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anytime hon, anytime!!! Rob's pattern is very easy. I've made 3 or 4 of his and it was the second sock pattern I ever made.

Hugs!!!!

Briley said...

What wonderful goodies Cat sent you!
I've always wanted to try Cascade fixation, too. Let me know how you like it.

hakucho said...

I can see why you are so happy. That sure is pretty yarn...good luck with your socks :)

happy knitting :)

SimplyMe said...

I hear ya on the B&N...I'm 45-50 miles from the nearest store...but Im one of their bestest mail order customers....lol. I'll have to check out that mag then next time I make a trip by one.....sounds like it might be a subscriber!

Love the yarn, let me know what you think of cascade fixation. I've heard great things, but have never touched it. I'm sure you're going to do great with the broadripple pattern!

Take care
s