Monday, March 24, 2008

Kites And Wee Tiny Sock Swap

The little man got to fly a kite for the first time this weekend. He looks more fascinated with the string than the kite itself. lol His Mommy said he had a good time and I think they've found a new activity to burn off some of that toddler energy that I so wish I still had. He was cute doing it and I'm proud of him for handling it all by himself on his first time out.

I just left Nichole's blog and the sign-ups for the Wee Tiny Sock Swap. I love the tiny socks...think back to the keychain....it's just too cute and it was so quick to knit. They also make cute ornaments. I have the intention of decorating my Christmas tree this year in all hand knit ornaments so this would be good practice. *sounds good anyway* If anyone else is interested...you have until Thursday (March 27) to sign up. Details are at the link above. I love the swaps and they're a fun way to make some new friends.

I have done almost no knitting the past few days....got the Spring cleaning bug and been busy busy. Ms Thang has outgrown so many of her clothes so we went through most of them last night and send a huge bag full of clothes with my sister this morning to give to someone who can use them. It's amazing how fast these kids grow!! And she still has more we will bag up and send off. I'm pretty sure she's outgrown her "Heely's" (don't know if spelled that right)....the shoes with the wheels so they can skate around....she's not gonna be happy to see those go but there's no sense in hanging on to them. Oh well....the joys of growing up. :P

*I wanted to send out a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who has signed up for our new dishcloth KAL group ....we're up to 29 members already. That's enough to get us a KAL going soon! Anybody else interested? Come on...we'd love to see you there. I've got plenty more invites to send out....just leave me a comment if you want one. :)

Hugs!

10 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

I got a WEBS catalog in the mail today and they had those mini sock blocker key chains and I thought of you, how funny you blogged about it today too

Jerry said...

The kite flying looks like the most fun ever. To see the face of a child when they fly a kite for the first time. What a special day

Wendy said...

hey would you be willing to have some crocheted thingies for the tree too..........I wish we could fly kites, way too many trees and wires around here, but our House would have been great, no trees and no wires (all underground) oh well such is life....

hakucho said...

Kites are so much fun...I have very fond memories of my grandfather and I flying kites as a child :)

A Christmas tree with all handknit ornaments sounds great...good luck with that.

I so need to do spring cleaning too...but I always procrastinate. Never have big enough blocks of time. Must get that notion out of my head!!

Have a wonderful week :)

Mary Ann said...

I just checked out the little sock and decided it's very cute, but not something that I can join right now.

I did however, apply to join the KAL dishcloths. That sounds like fun.

SimplyMe said...

darlin', darlin', darlin'...I told dh I could knit mini socks and sweaters to decorate our tree next year (I said this in Jan) and you should have SEEN the death glare I got! Rofl. I say go for it!

Anonymous said...

Glad to find this site. Thank you so much for sharing! I have a question about the Peek a Blue washcloth pattern, Row 52. It adds up to 46 stitches rather than the 45 stitches in the other rows. Is is a misprint, or should row 52 have one more stitch? Please post a reply. Thanks.

Lil Knitter said...

To Anon: You're absolutely right. I don't know why no one else has noticed this already. I corrected the pattern. Thanks so much for bringing it to my attention.

Row 52 should read......

K3, P11, K2, P13, K1, P2, K1, P9, K3

Sorry for the mistake!

Hugs!

carlita dee said...

Such a sweet photo. He does look way into that string!

Unknown said...

This is the sweetest photo of him flying the kite :)