Thursday, January 24, 2008

Decisions....

Tonight, I took some time to do a little yarn shopping with my gift certificate. Yeah, it was hard to decide....Laura has beautiful hand-painted yarn and the colors...omg...I wanted one of everything! I decided on some gorgeous Superwash Wool in the color Sinful and the cutest little Mini Sock Blocker Keychain . This is going to be my first sock. I thought it would be a good first project to get of feel of knitting socks and then I'd have a cute little keychain to show everyone that I love to knit.
The Unique Sheep is a place you really should check out. She has yarn, roving, nice patterns and the kits available also. I'll post photos of the goodies as soon as I get them.

8 comments:

amy-lynne......... said...

ok ... first of all.... HOW in the world do you knit those sock key chains that small????? inquiring minds wanna know.... lol... very cool yarn.... laters :Þ

Anonymous said...

Oh you enabler you. I'm definitely checking out that place.

Hugs!!!!

Carol said...

I know you already won this but I think you deserve it again!!!
"You Make My Day Award"

Briley said...

Melanie, you are going to love knitting socks! Then, when you get around to knitting yourself a pair, and your feet spend a day in hand knitted socks you will never want to wear anything else!

I have a book (go look at it in my ravelry library)"Learn to Knit Socks" That I would be happy to send you. It has patterns for DK yarns, which is an easier way to get started, than the tiny fingering weight.

Ofcourse, since keeping an address book seems to be beyond me you will have to send your address, again!

Aunt Kathy said...

Oh man Melanie... you're gonna learn sock before me I just know it... I love that sinful color, hate the name though, LOL. SIGH I need to win the lottery so I can start shopping for some really good yarn. Can't wait to see pictures of your socks when done.

hakucho said...

I think you'll love knitting socks...that will be a cute mini-sock...I'll be interested in how you make out with that :) Good luck and happy knitting :)

Shea said...

Those key chains are so cute!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you showed the color you chose. Helps me know what color to pick for your swap package. I have a few ideas. A little nervous about picking out just the right yarn though, not so much about the color. But the shopping as been a lot of fun, oh I love touching and looking at all the yarns.