Friday, January 4, 2008

I've Got Mail!

I love my mail lady...not just because she brought me these book today...but it sure didn't hurt her at all. I think I'm developing as bad an addiction to knitting books as my addiction to yarn. These three arrived today and so far, my favorite of the three is the 101 Designer one-skein Wonders. My Christmas gift knitting is going to shift gears because of this book. There are so many patterns in this book that I have to try. This is not one of those books you want soooo bad and then you get it and there's little to nothing inside that you would actually want to knit. This one is full of great stuff! And...one skein....how great is that?! For now, I am again ignoring that sock knitting urge...I just don't have the patience for it right now. The Interweave Knits book is very nice...quite a few in there I would like to try too.

I got my yarn kit from Sarah's Yarns for the Icelandic Shawl. I am so very glad to see that it isn't that tiny lace weight yarn. I'm really looking forward to that KAL which starts in February. If anyone wants to join us, we'd love to have you. It's a great group. If you'd like, I could even send you an invite. Just leave me a comment with your email address and it will be on it's way.
Why didn't I think to take a photo of my kit? DUH! Maybe I can get that up later for you.

Oh, almost forgot....my awesome brother-in-law (Hey, Barry!) and Major Cuteness (my nephew, Killian) got me a little after Christmas present. I had heard lots of talk about this but haven't seen them anywhere. They did a little shopping in Greenville and found me the Knitting Pattern A Day Calendar. There are so many cute patterns in this thing. I need more hours! All this knitting requires time....can we do something please!? Yeah, I forgot to take a picture of that one too. :P

Okay, enough babbling for one day...gotta get back to that purse. It's just hard to stay focused with all these awesome patterns laying around.

9 comments:

roz said...

Hi! I'm new to your blog and saw your offer for a KAL. I'm not exactly sure what that is but I do love to knit and might be interested! Thanks for the info!
Roz

hakucho said...

Oh, boy lots of great books. You'll be busy busy busy. I wish I could find the secret of getting more time to do the things I love. There is never enough time.

I know what you mean about socks...you do have to be in the right frame of mind. I'm working on a pair and have to stop to sew on the non-skid soles on the felted clog. Can't wait for those to be done....
really loving working on these socks :)

happy knitting :)

Anonymous said...

I bought one of those calendars last year for 70% off. I got about a dozen patterns in it that I thought I would do. So, pretty good return on the price, I think.

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the books. Tell me what you think about the sock book.

Yeah why didn't you take a picture?? LOL

Hugs!!!

magnoliasntea said...

Oh, those are wonderful knitting books! I'm jealous of your knitting library now. :p And, I have to have that one-skein-wonder book now for sure.

Small world, Girl! Antje Gillingham, author of Knitting Circles Around Socks is my lys owner. For real. She's a doll, just sweet as molasses and very, very nice about answering knitting questions. She knows her stuff. Btw, there's a Ravelry group for knitters who use her method for socks if you're interested. I joined even though I use one long circ just 'cause I know her. Oh, and she sent me a Christmas card, but I couldn't afford to send her one back 'cause I spent all my money in her store..lol!

SimplyMe said...

Hey!!! Thanks for the comment....the blue one is out of sugar and cream in size 7's and the brown one is done out of dk wt with size 3's, but if I remember correctly, you are a tighter knitter than I am. Best of luck, and relax about it....you're gonna LOVE the purse no matter what when it's done....it's a keeper! Please post a pic when you are done, okay?

Carol said...

What a great bunch of books I don't know why but for some reason books are 30% more here... I'd love to have that 101 Designer one-skein Wonders.
I received That Knitting Pattern A Day Calendar too!

Aunt Kathy said...

Now if you need me to take that sock book off your hands, I'd be happy to oblige, LOL. I so want to figure out socks this year. Hey maybe I can make you a pair... sounds like a plan.

JK, I hope to build my pattern book collection a little this year too.

Unknown said...

I've been eyeballing the one skein book everytime I get near one.. I need to just buy it!