Saturday, January 19, 2008

Salmon Patties and No More Snow. :(


Well, the second snow didn't materialize. This is what we're left with....that and lots more rain and some sleet mixed in. Oh well, I guess we should be happy that we got any.

I'm posting the recipe for Salmon Patties for the folks who were interested in how we make these things around this house.

Salmon Patties

1 can Salmon
1 egg
1/2 cup of flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1/3 cup minced onions (optional)

Drain the salmon and remove the bones and skin. Reserve 2 tablespoons of liquid. In a bowl, combine salmon, egg and onions...Stir in flour. Combine baking powder and the reserved liquid into the salmon mixture. Form into small patties and fry in hot oil for about 5 minutes.

Once you get past the yucky part of removing the skin and bones, it's smooth sailing. I hate that part. The kitties outside are always happy to take that yucky stuff off your hands though. lol

A teddy bear note....
I finally just picked a simple pattern and cast on last night. I hope it turns out well. So far, so good. I will post photos when I get him finished. (If he isn't the most ugly bear ever that is)

Now, off the the knitting and pouting cuz we didn't get more snow. :(

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Yum!!! I know what I'm making tomorrow. Thanks for sharing!!!

Hugs!!!

P.S. we had snow, I'll take pictures tomorrow and you can live vicariously through me LOL.

hakucho said...

Thanks for your Salmon patties recipe! Good luck with the bear knitting...fingers crossed.

happy knitting :)

Aunt Kathy said...

I am sure the bear will be absolutely huggable.

As for the salmon cakes, love them but can't deal with the de-boning, I am askeered of bones. LOL

magnoliasntea said...

Yes Ma'am! Those sound really good! Your recipe is real close to mine; I use more onions & cornmeal instead of the flour is all. I've recently starting using tuna instead of the salmon though..lots less trouble, and we like them as well as the salmon.

Unknown said...

My Grandpa used to make Salmon patties for us when we were little and I always loved them. I haven't tried making them for myself, I should give it a try!