Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Still waiting....

We're still waiting on that snow. There's been no sign of the fluff yet and I'm not totally convinced there will be. I've spent the afternoon trying to explain to my youngest that...
just because the weatherman says chance of snow does not mean that there will be any snow.
She isn't liking my explanation at all.

I have not given up on my Isabeau Purse. She is patiently waiting for me to get off my behind and cut out the lining already. I will. I promise. Sometime soon, this weekend or maybe next week. When I get my teddy bear issues sorted out...this will become an FO. Really, it will.

This is a short post since, for once, it has been a quiet and somewhat uneventful day. YAY!
Now, I have a plate of Southern goodness waiting and I am starving. Anybody care for some mashed potatoes, turnip greens, salmon patties and biscuits? This is "good eating". :)

6 comments:

amy-lynne......... said...

i will take a plate. all but the salmon. you can have my share .... lol.... and as far as the snowy stuff..... i think the local stores have a overrun on milk and need to move it... LOL .... can't wait to see the Isabeau Purse up close and pesonal.... drukkies :Þ

Wendy said...

Mmm I will take a plate, Just what the doctor ordered. Nice soft food, that I can fit into my mouth without crying, and MUSH instead of having to attempt to chew (which is useless at the moment) Woke up to 6 1/2 inches of snow, I will try to send you some, I just wanted some to cover the ugly brown ground...and it did. plus some...
Have a wonderful evening......

Wendy said...

Oh forgot to tell you that I am working on the Rose cloth, in yellow, 13 rows done....Yeah for me....Will show ya when it is done.

Briley said...

I will mail you some snow. We have more than our share here!

magnoliasntea said...

Miss Isabeau is lookin' good! So she needs a linin'? Okay, get up, turnaround and give yourself that needed kick! ;))))
Works for me, anyways.

I hope you have leftovers! If so, I'll take a salmon patty with a big helpin' of turnip greens, & I'll bring some cornbread. ;)
Oh my slobberin' goodness, that's good eatin'. Wish I'd known before I cooked!

hakucho said...

Do you make your own salmon patties?

Do you line the purse before sewing it together? Looks great. Can't wait to see it finished :)

(sorry for all my questions!)

I'll send some of our snow your way ;)