Monday, January 14, 2008

Snow? Here? Yeah, right...

So the weatherman thinks it's quite amusing to tease us with threats of snow. Like that's ever gonna happen! See this photo, this is what we get. If anything, the snow will start to fall and the kids get all excited...."YAY NO SCHOOL!!"....and it's so pretty and...
Wait, what's that noise? Is that sleet? You got it. The snow will soon turn to ice and then everything is all frozen over and you can't go anywhere cuz around here people don't know how to drive in it and it totally sucks. For once, if we could just have some pure, white, fluffy snow then that would be incredible. It's not gonna happen. It's not that I don't like snow...we just don't get it here.

I'm still wringing my hair into knots over this dang teddy bear. I just can't find the pattern that says, "Knit me. I'm the one!" I want to use cotton for this bear since it can be washed if he gets dirty. I can't believe that a bear is stressing me out so much. I have started and frogged and started and frogged....it's just not working for me. I think I will step. away. from. the. bear for a moment and start fresh another day.

I hope you're all having better luck than I am.

Oh yeah, after the science project, we ate the chips...they were yummy! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww do you I have to?? LOLOL. They said snow here also for Thursday. Please no sleet I'm going to a knitting retreat on Friday.
How about Wool-ease a blend of wool and acrylic that is washable.

Hugs!!!

Briley said...

Melanie,
I have a pattern for a teddybear made with Blue Sky Organic Cotton, that I'm not making soon. If you will return it, I will send it to you.

hakucho said...

Even here where we do get snow I hate it when we have sleet/freezing rain/rain. I would much rather have all snow!

Sorry you are having so much trouble finding a perfect bear pattern. It's frustrating and I'm sure if you take a break, maybe the "right" pattern will find you!

happy knitting :)