Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Who Makes My Day


As bloggers, we just love the comments and I don't know about the rest of you but it's a pretty dang good feeling to get one of these little blog awards. Today, I'm having a pretty good day because two of my blogger friends have listed me as one of the blogs that inspire them. How cool is that! Thanks to Shorty and Christy ,
you two really made me feel special. When I started my blog, I only expected family and friends would read it (they have to...or at least lie and say they did) but I've been amazed at how many great friends I've found through blogging. So, I want to pass on the love to some of the bloggers who bring me happiness and inspiration. Here goes....

Christy - A fellow knitter in Georgia who is a fun read. She makes laugh and isn't afraid to admit when she does something totally silly. I do these things too....I just don't tell y'all about it. lol

Shorty - This is absolutely one of the sweetest knitters you will ever meet.

Crafty Cat - Cat has become a wonderful friend. She is one of the most giving people I have ever met. She does not hesitate to help whenever you need it. I can't say enough good things about her.

Froggie - Obviously...my best friend and partner in crime. I taught this girl to knit and she has turned out to be extremely talented at designing a dishcloth. She has some awesome freebies...check them out.

Hakucho - Another very sweet and encouraging knitter and crocheter (I'm so jealous). She has some wonderful designs on her blog as well. I love to keep up with what she's got OTN. She is so creative.

Aunt Kathy - I don't even know where to start. She is so sweet! Even on her bad days, she somehow manages to see the light at the end of the tunnel. She is most definitely an inspiring person. She's also still running a contest so go check her out.

MissMandyGirl - Mandy is multi-talented. She knits, does scrapbooking and makes absolutely beautiful hand-made cards. She has the cutest little girls ever and also has a blog with recipes. I just love this girl.

Briley - He is proof that...not only do men knit but they're pretty darn good at it too. He has some awesome original designs (crochet as well) and he now spins and dyes too. This is THE nicest guy you will ever meet.

Tea - A fellow Southern girl...YAY! She also designs (love the Picot Swirl...it's one of my favorites) and her blog is always a good read. She can crochet...she can sew...she can cook! She has a great sense of humor.

Isabelle - I could never keep up with this lady! She's a very talented designer...from dishcloths to socks...she can do it all. She takes amazing photographs and I always look forward to seeing what takes next. She even took the time to help me learn something new.

I could probably go on for days naming people who inspire me and bring me happiness but I have to stop at 10. :( These are just a few of the bloggers/knitters/friends that regularly bring a smile to my face.



Now here's rules:

Give the award to up to 10 people whose blogs bring you happiness and inspiration and make you feel so happy about Blogland! Let them know by posting a comment on their blog so that they can pass it on. Beware! You may get the award several times!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You so deserve it, you are the sweetest, kindest person. I'm glad we found each other in blogland.

Thank you so much for your very nice words.

Hugs!!!!!

amy-lynne......... said...

better to be a partner in crime then just a come bail ya out buddy and miss all the fun......lol........now if i could only knit as fast as i can design these cloths...... BIG LOL..... later buddy :Þ

hakucho said...

Thank you so much!! The feeling is mutual because you make my day too !! :)

Have a very happy day :)

Unknown said...

O sweetie, Thank you so very much, I'm touched and tearing up a bit. I enjoy our friendship even as new as it is emencly. You are a wonderful person and I'm so glad that blogging brought us together :) Love you sweetie!

lulubelle said...

Melanie! Congrats you won the Marshmallow contest! Please e-mail me at cocoahostesslesleyATliveDOTca so I can get your prize code to you!

Aunt Kathy said...

Mel that was just so nice. The feeling is mutual by the way. Thank you very much. I somehow missed this yesterday, and I looked too. I must have been sleep/blog hopping. LOL

Anonymous said...

Aaawww.... You are so sweet! [I am blushing now]

THANK YOU for the blog reward and for reading my blog regularly! :-)

It is a great pleasure to be one of your cyber-friends! :-)

{{{HUGS}}}

Shorty said...

What a kind thing to say. You are such a sweet, kind, and extremely talented person.

Thanks for allowing me a glimpse into your life.

S.