Thursday, January 17, 2008

Here Today....Gone Tomorrow


This is about the extent of our snow from last night. For us, this was a lot of snow. I let the kids stay out late playing in it...making tiny snowmen and throwing snowballs. I can't remember the last time it was pure snow so I thought they should get out there while they had the chance.

This is our big baby, Kane. He was totally unimpressed with all the drama going on. He probably thought I had lost my mind out taking photos in the dark. He's really so much bigger than he looks in this photo but he's a just a big old slobbery baby.

There's very little snow left on the ground now but the good news is that they are calling for more by the weekend. The kids got an extra day off from school so as far as they're concerned...Mission Accomplished.

5 comments:

magnoliasntea said...

Wow, that's a lot of snow compared to the pitiful 1/4 of an inch that we got! Isn't it a hoot how a little snow causes all manner of antics among snow lovers..we drove into the mountains lookin' for enough to make a snowball, but the Smokies got left out as far as on the Tenn. side anyways. Ah well, hope springs eternal...more for the weekend! lol

Natalie Rush said...

That looks like so much fun!! My dogs would love that. Down here in FL we don't get snow...but boy would it be fun to play in....and then come back to our weather. :)

Unknown said...

Keep sending the snow pics, I LOVE it!

Shea said...

My kid is gonna be so jealous when I tell him your kids got to miss school. We have no snow at all on the ground here now. It was gone by the next morning after it fell. Oh well, maybe this weekend we'll get more. I love your big slobbery baby. My folks had a lab/Bernese Mt. dog mix that was about 120 lbs. He was a huge slobbery baby too. I loved having a dog the size of a horse!

hakucho said...

I remember the stories my mom would tell us about when they lived in California( my Dad was in the navy)before I was born. The people out there were crazy for snow and they would go up in the mountains, fill the car trunk up with snow and then drive back and build snowmen. A bit crazy, huh?

Glad your kids enjoyed their little bit of snow. You are a good mom to let them stay out late to play :)