Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Hot Cocoa Swap...Topic Of The Week #2

Now that we're in the thick of 'Winter'... has your knitting changed to match the season? Are you moving on from dishcloths, and tank tops to afghans, hats and mittens? Has your yarn changed from silk or cotton to wool, superwash or heavier cottons?


For me, I think my projects have changed somewhat to match the season. I have plans to make a scarf, a shawl and hopefully some mittens. I already have a pair of slippers done and will be making more of those. I find that I'm not making as many dishcloths but those are one project that I will always make.

My yarn doesn't really change. I prefer natural fibers and pretty much stick with the cottons and wool or wool blends. I have recently found an acrylic that doesn't make me gag. lol It's the only new fiber that has found it's way in.

I think it's only natural to begin thinking of warmer projects when it's so cold outside. If I didn't have so many things going on already, I have some bulky wool blend that I would knitting up now into a thick, warm afghan.


Speaking of weather...it's a nippy 27 degrees F here this morning and there's still no sign of the white stuff. Last report says that rain will be moving in tonight and by tomorrow morning we will have sleet. I will be waiting on those snow deliveries from my friends who have too much already and have offered to send some my way. Send BIG boxes...we've got to cover about an acre of land here folks. Oh and if you could put a rush on that stuff...my kids are driving me insane. :P Is it snowing yet? Is it snowing yet? ...........

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's cold here also. I hope we get the winter storm we are being advised about.

Hugs!!!

Wendy said...

Ok I will be shipping you enough for the acreage, plus some. They are calling for another 5 inches tonight, here in Michigan...I think we have outdone the past few years already this year....Also I will be putting in that request for them kiddo's to get some snow....RIGHT away....Like pronto, because we can not have them driving you crazy, Just after the fact, Like mine are doing..."I want to go play in the snow" again and again and again....

Have a great day.........

hakucho said...

I love knitting big afghans in the winter (don't have one on the needles now though)...it's nice to keep you cozy while you knit.

Aunt Kathy said...

So Mel what kind of acrylic didn't make you gag? I am intrigued. Still thinking on how I can send you some snow...