Saturday, January 12, 2008

One More Down....

Another DROPS headband is done for Christmas 2008 gifting. I used the yarn leftover from the Pocketbook Slippers. It may even be a set since either pattern is so easy and quick to knit.
Thanks to "Ms Thang" for being my model. She's the only one around here who will patiently pose for me with my FO's.

This is the top view...not completely happy with the striping again...but I don't think the giftee is going to mind. As long as it does it's job, she will be happy.

I'm hoping to get around to cutting the lining for my Isabeau Purse tomorrow so I can get that finished too. Then, I will have finished everything on my January list.

I got this yummy yarn this past week at my LYS. I almost forgot to take a photo before I had the hank all wound into a ball. It's a beautiful hand dyed yarn made by Araucania called Aysen.


Here it is all wound up and ready for knitting. It's going to be a scarf for me. Yeah...ME. I just haven't decided on a pattern yet. I am open to suggestions....what do you think?

6 comments:

Briley said...

I'm so impressed that you are getting all of this Christmas knitting done now! I'm still trying to get caught up on the things I put to the side to do my Christmas knitting this year!

amy-lynne......... said...

love the headband.... i need you to show me how you got that ball looking like a ball..... she is a good model....laters:Þ

hakucho said...

I really like the headband. The striping is great :)

Good job winding your ball. It's nice to see I'm not the only one who doesn't have a ball winder. To be honest with you I'm not so sure I'd want to be bothered with one. One more thing to find a place for.

Good luck with your scarf. The yarn sure is pretty!

happy knitting :)

magnoliasntea said...

Oh, the head band is adorable! And little Ms. is a doll for helping mama out. Gotta love the little helpful ones; they're a Godsend. :))

magnoliasntea said...

It's me again, Margaret, hehe....forgot to comment on your lovely new yarn. It's beautiful! I use a dowel to wind center-pull balls. Love that method.

StarKnits said...

I love the headband. I was just going to say how i liked the striping.
as for your new yarn and a scarf I think the "my so called scarf" would be a wonderful pattern to show off the wonderful and beautiful yarn.