Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Scarf Finished And Baby News

I finished a scarf yesterday. It's made from yarn sent by my wonderful friend, Shirley, in South Africa. It's an eyelash type yarn and I was surprised to find that I really like it. It's so soft and it's actually pretty warm. The yarn is called Vere which, in Afrikaans, means feathers. I will have to get a better photo of the finished scarf so you can get the full effect. Right now, Ms Thang has it on and it's looking like I'm not getting it back. Oh well, I have enough Vere to make another one.

I have to say a big CONGRATS!!!!! to my dear friend Cat. A lot of you know her already. She found out today that she is going to be a Grandma!! Woo Hoo!! I'm so excited for her. She didn't think she would see this day. "Mommy To Be" was told she could not conceive so please keep Mommy and "Baby To Be" in your prayers. And stop by and give Cat a big "Congrats" on her wonderful news....I know it will make her day! *Like the baby news hasn't already done that*


5 comments:

StarKnits said...

congrats to your friend!
that scarf looks like feathers so the name is right on.

Aunt Kathy said...

I love the colors in that scarf... I already congratulated Cat, as a fellow Gamma I had to, lol

magnoliasntea said...

Lo, blogger loves me tonight..go figure!

Hey, Girlie, I love the scarf & it does look very feathery! Very cool! Ms. Thang has style sense!

I'll have to pass all my Nana knowledge on to Cat. Cool.

Anonymous said...

Awww thanks hon!!! Love the scarf!!

Hugs!!!

hakucho said...

Very pretty scarf! I'm so glad there is enough left over for you to make one for you, too :)

happy knitting :)